Saturday, March 8, 2008

do i look desperate in this skirt?

noo... i'm not talking about 'that' desperation...

it's about my new year resolution #1.
I went to one particular bank to apply for the refinancing. being the 'always ready, sometimes to a fault' me, i came bearing all the documents needed.
  • a copy of IC
  • certified copy of 3 months payslip
  • letter from employer
  • bank statement (where the salary is bank-in)
  • EPF statement - from i-akaun
  • a copy of S&P agreement
  • previous bank loan statement

to be safe, i also bring

  • local council tax bill - as proof of ownership
  • EPF statement - from EPF kiosk

apparently, small loan amount gets no cheer from bank officers. as soon i mentioned i want a 50k loan, she's been trying to show me the door several times while i stubbornly stayed.

Here's her several attempts:

  • her: we only accept loan above 100k.
  • me: i've consult your fellow officer. below 100k no problem.
  • her: we only finance 90% of the house value.
  • me: i know. that's why i asked for a 50k loan.
  • her: how much is your house value?
  • me: i don't know, that's for you to find out. (you see, banks have their own panel of valuers)
  • her: (after finding out the house value is 70k) you should take 63k loan.
  • me: i don't want to. i need 50k only. the house need to be fully paid in 5 years. i can't do that with 63k loan.
  • her: then, we need bank certification for your salary bank statement.
  • me: there aren't that many branches. i don't want to waste my time. the online statement print-out is good enough. (it has the bank's copyrighted print)
  • her: in that case, we need kiosk-printed EPF statement
  • me: (sheepishly took it out from my pile of papers)
  • her: (shocked) oh! you have it... (probably thinking why won't this girl go!!)

  • after several minutes, she finally relented and fill out the application form.

    Hon, hope to hear from you in 7-10 business days.

    No comments: