Thursday, January 7, 2010

random things to do...

Alhamdulillah...

my dream had come true... my target to complete the 5th Pillar before 40, was fulfilled with His Permission.

so many story to tell but i'll tell you the random things to do there... others, you might need to figure out on your own or ask me privately...

1. the power plug there is a 2-pin plug, but it's a funny looking plug. but any 2-pin plug can actually fit (except for my rechargeble torchlight that i bought there). the plug adapter can be found at any small electronic shop there for 2 Riyal, or at Bin Dawood store for minimum 3.95 Riyal. Also, can borrow mine if you want to go there, provided i don't misplaced it by the time u ask for it... he..he...

2. Using local SIM card is cheaper than roaming your M'sia phone. I used SAWA VISIT by STC and asked my family to use the same, to get the cheaper, same-network rate. there are others like Zain & Mobily (i think). have no idea which has cheaper rate to M'sia, maybe need to ask En.Manzlie. for STC, you can get SAR100 credit for SAR75, or SAR666 credit for SAR350 only, but might need to be bought directly from STC. in Makkah, it's quite difficult to locate the STC office, but in Madinah, it's within walking distance. Maybe this will change after the heavy construction in Makkah completed. At first, i thought SAR100 is too much phone credit but at 0.45 SAR per SMS & 2.50 SAR per minute call to M'sia, it'll drained just like that...

3. AL-BAIK chicken is a must try. it's a fast food outlet, like KFC. don't know how to find it in Makkah, but in Madinah, it's just around the corner from Perkuburan al-Baqi. but i only tried its fried chicken, value shrimp and jumbo shrimp. the verdict: i love all of them but my family don't like the jumbo shrimp, it's too chewy for the dentally-challenged. ;-)

4. According to my uncle, Halawa made from Tahina is a must buy. It's a confectionery. Personally, i don't really like it as it's too sweet for my taste. I managed to find a less-sweet version of it (for diabetic) but it's too bitter for me. (it's hard to please me).

5. A personalised Jawi-engraved keychain. Cost me 10 SAR. To me, it's worth it coz i have no idea where to find Jawi-engraved keychain here in Malaysia. If you could find it, please let me know.

The heavy construction in Makkah is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2010. Anyone wants to go there after 2010, please invite me tooo!! I wanna go again...

Really missing it already...

No comments: