Thursday, October 1, 2009

what's the smell of freedom?... SWEET!!!...

i'm completely free today...

the so-called no-pay-necessary student loan is no more... paid fully by my 10-year tenure at the company...

how do I feel? Slightly relieved. 1 less thing to worry.

But, it’s not like I’m going anywhere… 19% EPF, where to get now?… I need their retirement plan… and their car loan too... although my kelisa will stay with me as long as it could, I’d like to have the loan facilities should, god forbid, something might happen to it. The housing loan is good too, I get my dream house (I know… I have small dreams… ok, not small, tiny… ). and the room for roaming…

The thing is, I easily got bored… 2 years on the job, I’ll be itching to seek new place… this company, being as big as they are, always provide the room to roam…

10 years here, I’ve already in 5 different posts, each post very different from the other… but, jack of all trades is master of none, therefore, I still in the same position level 10 years ago. Do I regret it? Hardly, since I really love learning new things on the job. Furthermore, it humbles me, and made me appreciate what really matters, like the forgiving family that I neglect while chasing my ridiculous dream, or the friends forgotten…

Of all the 5 posts that I held, I’d say my decision to move to Johor in 2004 was probably the career killer… you see, I’m really, REALLY plain.. there’s nothing special about me. Wherever I go, I’d rather sit in the corner (preferably in the dark) than being in the spotlight. So, coming from the place where everyone knows me to the place where no one knows me, is like walking in on your 1st day on the job. You start all over again… when I first started here, people thought I was a fresh graduate (I’d already halfway thru the obligatory contract)…

But moving to Johor do wonders to my family bonding… i no longer feel awkward among my aunts and uncles… I get my cousins’ nonsensical yet humorous jokes… they are willing to help this damsel in distress at a drop of the hat (previously, I was too afraid to ask them for anything) … so, it’s probably a win-lose situation but it’s a good win-lose, right?

Also, my boss in Johor was the best boss I’ve ever had…

But alas, I still got bored and now, I’m back in klang valley, doing entirely different things from my previous job… and starting all over again… and probably killing my career along the way…

No comments: