Sunday, October 25, 2009

and i knew this all along...

i'm a little bit frugal person... or, you can call me cheap if you want…

my favorite food is a friend’s treat… my favorite movie is on my portable hard disk…

I still have clothes from college years, which was 13 years ago…
my car, well, you know my tiny car… probably the most fuel efficient car in the country… had it since 7 years ago … (I’m saving for a new one.. he..he.. don’t tell her… she’ll get cranky..),
currently renting, with 2 housemates, a small apartment 10 minutes from the office, which reduces my fuel consumption more…
I seldom eat out… always cook my meal at home… mostly because I have different schedule from others… but generally because I don’t like how much they were charging me for a simple meal…

But when I splurge, I splurge big time… but that’s another story…

Bloghopping thru the websphere took me to ‘mysuperkids’ blog and particularly, one money management article…

It titled ‘money management is about the kind of life you want to live’

however, i kept wondering…

does it count if i have a small goal, and that is the kind of life i want to live?... a car, for me is just something that can safely transport me from point A to point B. A house is just a roof over my head...

because, to me, having an expensive car means attracting carjackers... having a designer's bag means attracting snatch thieves... having fancy house means attracting robbers...

well, when you grew up with nothing, you'll either become an obsessive collector (i don't have this during my childhood year!!) or a contented couldn't-care-less wanderer (life's a bit better than childhood, i'm good...)...

crystal collections? Wall display? Fancy curtains? Flower display? FRESH flower display? i don’t get why there’s need to buy them… I like my things practical, simple and easy to maintain…

so, does it count?

I asked this question in the ‘comment’ box.. here’s the reply, verbatim:

Comment:


it's depend on what and how we set the goal. of course there's no no right and wrong.

nobody can stop you form setting any goals, kan. if you wanna buy a Perodua car or a Toyota, it's your goal by the way no matter how small or big as long as you can commit.

afterall we set goals that really suit to us kan. if we are lazy, gaji sikit, shud we put goal nak beli rumah banglo di Shah Alam in 10 years?

Well, apparently, I’m lazy… and i knew this all along...

No comments: